Thursday 19 June 2008

'I like your lamp'

Today was the day when the prop search came to an end. Brian, John and I have spent a great deal of time searching and acquiring appropriate props for the play. The play doesn't require massive amounts of props but it still has taken us time to amass exactly what is needed.

Luckily, all that hard work has paid off and both actors were able to do a full 'Performance level' run-through today with all the necessary props to hand.

With the actor's focused on internalising the text, I could turn my attention to planning the scene change. With various pieces of furniture to be moved the thought struck me... will two people be enough? Only a run-through in the Studio will answer this question... in the meantime I must wait... and enjoy two more rehearsals with my cast.

No comments: